[framed_box width=”200px” bgColor=”#C8E4F0″ rounded=”true” align=”right”]
Age Group Second Level
Max Participants 100
Time Required Full Day[/framed_box]
“You don’t get harmony when everyone sings the same note”
WRITTEN BY JENNI MASON
ORIGINAL MUSIC BY ALAN ORR
LYRICS BY PAULINE RAMSAY
We are all are different. We all look different. We come from different places and have different backgrounds, cultures and beliefs. We are good at different things and have different hopes and dreams. Every one of us is an individual but that is what makes us special and unique. Learning to live, work and play with others in harmony makes for a happier place for everyone to be. In our school, in our community, in our country… in the whole world.
In this large scale participatory performance our team of talented drama workers will work with up to 100 of your pupils to devise a unique performance using music and song, movement and dance, poetry, text and improvisation. They will also have the opportunity to contribute their own ideas, opinions and thoughts which will be included in the show. Together they will create a powerful performance with a positive and inspiring message about celebrating diversity and individuality and learning to work together to be the best you can be.
“Harmony” provides an ideal opportunity for a “twinning project” with another school in your area and can be an excellent opportunity to bring pupils together in a positive, uplifting and fun way. Alongside rehearsals for the performance we run team building drama workshops which complement the themes of the show. Please get in touch for more details or to discuss your schools exact requirements.
Curriculum for Excellence
EXPRESSIVE ARTS EXPERIENCES AND OUTCOMES
- I have created and presented scripted or improvised drama, beginning to take account of audience and atmosphere
- I have experienced the energy and excitement of presenting/performing for audiences and being part of an audience for other people’s presentations.
HEALTH AND WELLBEING EXPERIENCES AND OUTCOMES
- Through contributing my views, time and talents, I play a part in bringing about positive change in my school and wider community.
- I recognise that each individual has a unique blend of abilities and needs. I contribute to making my school community one which values individuals and is a welcoming place for all.
- I value the opportunities I am given to make friends and be part of a group in a range of situations.
- I am aware that positive friendships and relationships can promote health and health and wellbeing of others.