[framed_box width=”200px” bgColor=”#C8E4F0″ rounded=”true” align=”right”]
Age Group Second Level (P5-P7)
Time Required Half Day (AM or PM)[/framed_box]
Our talented drama team will work with up to 60 pupils to create a show that can then be performed to other pupils and/or parents, meaning the whole school can get involved. Starting with basic script the drama workers will help your pupils devise a unique performance using music, improvisation, text, movement and song. They will also have plenty of opportunities to contribute their own ideas, opinions and thoughts which will be included in the show. The show promises to have an uplifting and positive message about saying no to bullying, standing up for yourself and others and feeling good about who you are. This is an ideal project for building on positive anti bullying messages that can benefit the whole school community. It works extremely well of as a form of positive peer education where the older pupils help to educate the younger ones about a really important issue that affects everyone. “Being Me” works really well as part of a schools anti-bullying week.
Curriculum for Excellence
EXPRESSIVE ARTS EXPERIENCES AND OUTCOMES
- I have created and presented scripted or improvised drama, beginning to take account of audience and atmosphere
- I have experienced the energy and excitement of presenting/performing for audiences and being part of an audience for other people’s presentations.
HEALTH AND WELLBEING EXPERIENCES AND OUTCOMES
- I know that friendship, caring, sharing, fairness and equality and love are important in building positive relationships. As I develop and value relationships, I care and show respect for myself and others.
- I recognise that each individual has a unique blend of abilities and needs. I contribute to making my school community one that values individuals equally and is a welcoming place for all.
- Through contributing my views, time and talents, I play a part in bringing about positive change in my school and wider community.