Fri 26 Jan – 5pm-6.30pm
Spires Drama Studios
PACE is about to start working with LGBT Youth Scotland to achieve their LGBT Charter (Silver) accreditation. It’s really important that we consult with our members as part of this process and for that we are looking for a volunteer group of Young Champions.
Join our information session, to find out more about the charter, and how you can be involved:
- Are you interested in activism? Do you want to help create positive change for other young people?
- Do you want to help make PACE a more LGBT+ friendly space for young people?
- Would you enjoy helping to plan events that raise awareness or celebrate key dates in the LGBT+ calendar?
- Would you enjoy helping to promote events and engaging other young people?
- Could you help design a campaign that raises awareness and challenges discrimination of LGBT+ issues?
If any of these things are of interest, then please come along to the info session and find out more from the PACE team!
This opportunity is currently open to members from S3+ as there will be some degree of independent work involved, but we hope to create opportunities for younger members to get involved in other ways.
Please note – you do not need to commit a regular amount of time to be a young champion. You can be involved in way that works with all your other commitments. You do not need to be part of the LGBT+ community to be a young champion. The group is open to anyone who is passionate about creating positive change and making our youth theatre as inclusive as it can be.